VSU Open University (VSU-OU)
The Open University (OU)
at VSU is to provide quality distance-study programs in agriculture and allied fields through distance learning to government employees and other individuals engaged in agriculture and rural development activities.
The OPEN UNIVERSITY (OU) offers Master of Agricultural Development (M.Ag.Dev), a non-thesis masters' degree program with the following major fields of specialization:
- Agricultural Education
- Agricultural Extension
- Animal Production
- Language Teaching
These major fields of specialization can be taken as minor fields. In addition, Agricultural Economics, Development Communication, Plant Protection and Food Science and Technology are presently offered as minor fields under M.Ag.Dev.
Interested parties may opt to take either of the following schemes: SCHEME A (Annual) and SCHEME B (Semestral)
Doctor of Philosophy = 22
Master of Science = 12
Applicants seeking admission for graduate study must be a holder of a baccalaureate degree with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.00 or equivalent. However, applicants with a GPA lower than the prescribed rating may be admitted on a probationary status. Applicants are also required to submit the following requirements:
- Accomplished application forms (GS Form No. 1);
- Candid Appraisal from at least two (2) persons, former professors and a supervisor (GS Form No. 2);
- A non-refundable application fee of P100.00 or $10.00 in postal money order remitted to Leyte State University;
- Certificate of English Proficiency or an acceptable score in TOEFL for for foreign applicants;
- Seven (7) copies of Personal History Statement (PHS) and notarized affidavit of support authenticated by the Philippine Mission Abroad (PMA) for foreign applicants. PHS forms can be secured from the University Registrar or the PMA.